Sometimes you may end up buying something which is not worth it because of lack of enough information. Buying things online need good research otherwise you may end up buying something which does not worth your value. In this article, I will focus on Best Electric Scooters For Kids.
A scooter is a device with either two or three wheels, a floorboard, and handlebars and is solely dependent on being propelled by an electric motor or/and human intervention.
It is also a bi-wheeled device consisting of a footboard and a long steering handle.
It is mostly propelled by resting one foot on the footboard and the other foot is made to push against the ground. The electric scooter usually relies on an electric motor to move.
Other models are usually propelled by the electric motor regardless of human propulsion or not. These scooters move at a speed of 19 miles per hour maximum.
They are most efficient for use for shorter distances since they are much easier and affordable to operate compared to traditional bikes or fuel-based scooters.
Electric scooters are mostly designed for children above 8 years and have a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour. There are, however, some electric scooters, being made for younger children who may want to try and ride electric scooters.
These new scooters have been manufactured with lower maximum speeds.
Best electric scooters for kids
Segway Ninebot E8
This is a scooter best suited for children aged 6 years and below although it comes in various models to accommodate different ages. There is an E8 that is made for younger children since it has a lower and narrower handlebar.
The E10 is best for children above 8 years old as it has a higher handlebar and a speed of 10 miles per hour. The Ninebot scooter is unique as it has a control and a safe mode for children, unlike other scooters which will need the child to have the throttle engaged all through the riding.
When the scooter is set on control mode, it will stay like that until the hand brake is engaged once the maximum speed is reached. The safety mode enables the child’s guardian to lower the speed and thus keeping the children safe while riding.
However, the control mode and safety mode cannot be both used at the same time.
Some advantages of using the Segway Ninebot E8 are;
- Each model has its own different maximum speeds.
- Is able to climb even hills better than other scooters
- It has a cruise control and safety mode
- Segway Ninebot E8 has beautiful coloured LED lights at the bottom of the scooter
- It has large wheels and a suspension system to give a smooth ride for the children
Segway Ninebot E8 however, has disadvantages such as the handlebar height not being able to adjust. This makes it difficult for children of different heights to enjoy the rides comfortably.
Go Trax GKS
The best thing about the GKS is that it has a relatively low speed of 7.5miles per hour and does not speed downhill unlike most scooters. Therefore, kids can safely ride them even without major parental supervision.
It is also much easier to start and stop the scooter as the child only needs to put their rear foot on the rear button and it moves. When they need to stop, all that is done is raise their rear foot and engage the rear brake.
The Go Trax GKS has got some advantages as well as disadvantages.
- It does not accelerate while going downhill
- Go Trax GKS is quite wide and has a long deck that provides plenty of foot space.
- It usually turns off automatically when not in use
- Go Trax GKS stays all steadied up in speed while climbing uphill
- The handlebars are not adjustable and so it could be quite uncomfortable
- It is bumpy on rough or uneven grounds
- The rubber on the wheels does not have the same thickness all through.
- It needs more time in assembling the scooter than others
Mongoose React E2
This kind of cruiser is generally easy to use, simple and no-frills. Children can just ride with zero worries as it is just a non-complex device.
It, however, has its own shares of advantages and disadvantages.
- In case of a battery run-out, it can be used as a kick-scooter
- It has a wide deck, to provide great stability
- Due to its plastic wheels and zero suspension, it provides a smooth ride
- Its fender brakes are easy to apply unlike other scooters
- It is much heavier in weight compared to other scooters
- Mongoose React E2 has a short foot deck and therefore less room for the feet
- It has narrow handles, making it extremely hard to adjust their height
- Mongoose React E2 climbs hills much slower than average scooters but really speeds downhill
I hope this article will help you to make a good choice when looking for the Best Electric Scooters For Kids to buy. Through the type of scooter for the kid discussed above, am very sure you now have a choice.
Also, you can read more on fast-moving items to sell online