How to Check NHIF and NSSF Statements and Contributions on your mobile
Did you know you can check your NHIF and NSSF statements and payments on your phone? Forget the old days of queuing at the government to schedule your payment status or get a statement. Now you are able to check for all these easily through emails, websites, SMS or through the mobile app. Here is how you can check for the two conveniently on your mobile phone;
How to check your NHIF status on the app
- Download the NHIF App on Play Store or Apple store
- Insert your ID number and year of birth
- Submit and request for a One Time Password (OTP) for you to login.
- Ensure your mobile number is linked to your account. If it’s not linked, contact customer care to assist.
- You will receive a code on your phone which you will update and then login.
Select payments and status to view payments made by you or your employer and statements for your account.
Using the NHIF app comes with other benefits like selecting preferred healthcare providers and most importantly it’s fast and free. The SMS package is chargeable, Kshs. 10 per request made. Alternatively check your NHIF status via SMS;
- Go to your messages menu
- Create a message starting with ‘ID’ followed by your ID number. E.g. ‘ID 123456789’
- Enter the recipient as ‘21101’
- Once it’s processed, you will receive an update for your NHIF status.
How to check your NSSF status on the app
- Download the NSSF from Play Store or Apple store
- Login automatically using the registered phone number or email address.
- Once you are logged in, you can view your total contributions and status.
The app is easy to use but if you would like a second option, you can use SMS. Here is a quick guide;
- Create a new message ‘NSSF’ and send to 6773 and await further instructions.
- Fill in the next entry as below and the recipient as 6773. Ensure you leave a space between the entries
‘NSSF’-space- ‘NSSF number’ -space- ‘Birthdate and Full names’
On the registered phone number, you will receive a PIN. Use this PIN for the next entry
Create a new message to 6773 and type ‘Bal, your PIN’
You can now view your statement.
There you have it, very simple and that is how to Check NHIF and NSSF Statements and Contributions on your mobile
You can also check this one : Nhif Portal